Effective as of February 1st, 2021
- Application and Scope
- Definition of Personal Information
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
In certain sections of our Website, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested, for instance when you make a purchase or submit an inquiry.
Generally, we may use the personal information we collect through our Website for the following purposes, or as otherwise required or permitted by law:
- to process purchase transactions and to deliver products and services ordered;
- to assess and process credit applications for financing of purchases made on the Website;
- to create and manage your appointments and account;
- to confirm your identity and to authenticate you;
- to respond to inquiries;
- to assess and prevent fraud, identity theft and unauthorized account access;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of visitors with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones; and
- to communicate with you for the purposes of providing you with advertising and marketing messages pertaining to additional products or services that may be of interest to you.
When possible, rather than using personal information, we will anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it no longer identifies an individual, and use it for the purposes mentioned above or any legal purpose.
Security credentials. If you create an account or sign up for one of our products or services, depending on the product or service, we may collect and store security credentials, including your username, password, security questions, and card personal identification number.
Technical information. When you visit our Website, we may also collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our Website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our Website, your operating system, screen resolution, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our Website or enhance the experience for our visitors. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our Website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Sharing of Personal Information
Cellcom may make your information available to third parties as follows or as otherwise permitted or required by law:
- Service providers. We may hire service providers to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by Cellcom to perform work on its behalf, including suppliers of merchandise, a payment platform and transport carriers. We provide them with a limited amount of information necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They may not from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers may not to disclose this information to others. Cellcom will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements.
- Contest and marketing partners. We may collaborate with other companies in contests or other marketing activities. When you participate in contests or other marketing activities on our Website, we may share the personal information we collect about you with our partners. In such case, we will inform you of our partners’ identity.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, Cellcom may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or inquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
- Right to Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and sharing of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain of our products or services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals who have not reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. If you believe we might have any information from or about such an individual, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
- Privacy Policies of Third Parties
- Personal Information Outside of Canada
- Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Cellcom has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise authorized or required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
- Access and Correction
Cellcom respects your right to access and correct your personal information to exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
- How to Contact Us
- Mail: Cellcom Communications, 5200 Paré Street, Montreal, Quebec H4P 1P5
- E-mail: email@example.com
- : 1.844.499.7662